Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Plan B

If at first you don't succeed . . .


make coasters!!!


These little blocks were originally going to be part of my DQS9 quilt, but once I made them I just wasn't in love with the quilt idea. I tossed them aside and made this quilt instead.

But after making my last set of coasters, I got the idea to make these into coasters too. They finished at about 5" square, which is a really nice size. I was so pleased to find a new (and better!) use for these tiny blocks! I gave the coasters to my parents when they came for a recent visit.

And speaking of my parents . . . happy *early* birthday Mom!

Happy sewing,
Mary

15 comments:

  1. They turned out great! I love them! What a perfect idea for all those orphan blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are beautiful! You are amazing, those seams are perfect!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute Mary!! xx im tempted to make some... your are so neat though, im not sure how mine will turn out! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love the coasters Mary, Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Your quilting is so nice and neat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them! Is that Arcadia? Beautiful with the white.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those. I have been looking for ideas for some coasters. Those are perfect. I might have to use your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're beautiful and made to perfection! A terrific set and a lovely, useful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them! Love the colors! You are so talented!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are super cute! Love that quilting you did on them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Mary, I love those little blocks! What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice, Mary. Good way to re-purpose! I would have tossed them in my scrap pile and let Amelia find them to play with them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are so cute!!! such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the blocks -- not sure I would have considered it a fail. But, the coaster idea is brilliant! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails