Monday, March 1, 2010

Back in the saddle again

I didn't do much sewing last week.  My parents were in town and my "sewing studio" just happens to also be the guest room!

It was kind of nice to take a break, though.  It gave me lots of time to "incubate" new ideas and plan what I want to do.  And now I'm back at it!

I started Rachel's Pinwheel Sampler Quilt Along this week, and I am loving it!  I started a week late, so I had to play catchup and sew two sets of blocks:


This is my first time making pinwheels and it's lots of fun.  I managed to line up my points pretty well thanks to my 1/4" foot (thanks Mom!)  This fabric is Chloe from P&B Textiles.  I've gotten a lot of feedback on Flickr that no one has heard of this line, and it's kind of fun to be using something outside the mainstream!

On Saturday the husband and the little one and I went to Wilmington, NC, where there just so happens to be a certain quilt shop that I LOVE.  It takes us about an hour and 15 minutes to get there, so I don't get to go often and it was a nice treat!  You should see the Amy Butler and Heather Bailey selection at this place!!!

Husband and little one went to the beach nearby so I could shop.


They had fun, and I got to shop in peace.  Everybody wins!

Have a great week!
Mary

5 comments:

  1. Sometimes just a litle break is nice. You blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blocks in the flickr pool and came to check out your blog. Your pinwheels are very nice. LOVE the fabrics you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pinwheels look great! This is something I want to do too but can't right now. I will enjoy watching all of you for now. I hope you enjoyed your visit with your parents. The picture of you and your husband is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Wilmington NC, my dad lived there for a while and I had visited, it was awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pinwheels are beautiful!!!! And this is the cutest picture of your little one ever!!!!

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails