Friday, March 12, 2010

Sew & Tell Friday

I missed last week's Sew & Tell Friday due to major frustrations with a zipper at the 11th hour.
So this week I was determined to make a comeback!

I didn't have patience to deal with the zipper again, so I started with something in my comfort zone.

Coasters!


These aren't just any coasters.
They're the new cousins of the potholders I made on Tuesday for the Potholder Pass 2.

See?


They were meant to be together.

And I'm really grateful that these turned out well, because this next project . . .
not so much . . .


Don't you hate that when you spend a bunch of time working on something, and then it doesn't turn out well and you feel like you wasted your time?

We'll just call this a learning experience.  No more sewing while I'm tired!

At least the fabric is pretty - Heather Bailey's Nicey Jane.

On a happier note, today is my husband's birthday!


Happy 29th birthday to my best friend and favorite person ever :-)

I hope you all have a great weekend!
Be sure to check out all the other finishes over at Sew & Tell Friday.

Mary

23 comments:

  1. I love your potholders and coasters - what a neat set! And that's a great photo of your family - really sweet. Happy birthday to Mr. Pin Sew Press! (And what a nice quilt they're under!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coasters are so cute. And I still love the Heather Bailey clutch, even with it's imperfections!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great color combo on the potholders and coasters. AND ... happy birthday to your husband. What a cute picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been busy over there! Very cute coasters and lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your husband! Your coasters are way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! It ain't easy to sew when you are tired!!!!!
    Blessings,
    KT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the potholders and coasters!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors on your potholders and coasters! Happy Birthday to your husband. Time to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the coasters and potholders. They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great set for the Potholder Pass. I have a few learning experiences too. ;) Have a happy celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thise potholders are excellent. Love the fabrics and design. Yeah its quite frustrating one something doesn't turn out well and it definately feels like you have wasted your time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the potholders and coasters!!! they look great...sorry that the other project did not go as you wanted

    ReplyDelete
  13. those potholders and coasters are to-die for! I love that Hushabye!

    I hate it when a project goes awry. They are definitely the best learning experiences! I had to do the strap on the first bag I made 8 times until I got it right. UGH! Makes me tired just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your potholders and coasters are adorable. Seriously so cute! I agree they were meant to be together :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the potholders and coasters! I have finished my potholders and am also planning to make matching coastes, using a different design. So much fun! You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the coasters--and they have given me a great idea for a friend's birthday! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your coasters and potholders are beautiful! I can totally relate to a project not turning out as nice as you hope. Of course, you will be more critical of your own work and see all mistakes that others would not even notice.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your coasters & don't enjoy zippers much, so I can relate! :) I also have to stop myself if its late and I'm sewing. Sometimes we really want to finish something, right?? Thanks for your comments on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice potholders and coasters Such pretty faabrics! Yes it doesn't pay for me to do anything when I'm tired either.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Perfect match with the coasters and pot holders. And your family pic is adorable. Happy B-day to your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my! My potholders and coasters!! I don't like them, I absolutely am in LOVE with them. Thank you so very much! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails