Friday, July 2, 2010

For the love of goldfish (and aqua and tangerine!)

I really love these little guys . . . 

for the love of goldfish (and aqua and tangerine)
1. goldfish to go, 2. Heather Ross goldfish, 3. 5 little coasters, 4. goldfish squared twin quilts, 5. Heather Ross Baby Quilt, 6. Heather Ross Baby Quilt, 7. Passport Cover, 8. Goldfish & Tangerine Dot Car Seat Strap Covers, 9. goldfish

Aqua and tangerine has to be one of my favorite color combos. (Did you know there's a whole Flickr group dedicated to aqua and tangerine?!) And these little goldfish just make me smile. They have names for pete's sake! Adorable.


All you fabric addicts out there know just how rare these out-of-print Heather Ross prints are. You can't find them anywhere! They were certainly long gone by the time I started sewing. 

Except that I did find them on Etsy today. And I was pretty excited until I saw the price. $45 per yard. Per yard! Seriously? 

If you're looking for a real bargain, I just checked back on the link and the price is down to $42.50. You can find the goldfish in bags here and the swimming goldfish here. Still out of my price range (by about $30 a yard!), but if you snatch it up will you please just cut out one teeny tiny fish in a bag and send it to me? Just one? I'll feed it and take it for walks and everything, promise.

Thanks :-)

Mary

11 comments:

  1. Wow! That's crazy They are really cute tho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I snagged a few tiny scraps from another blogger that listed them in their etsy shop. No idea what will become of them, but I just dug them out again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I {big puffy heart} Heather Ross fabric and aqua and tangerine! Probably my most favorite color combo. If I ever find any of that fabric for a steal I will definitely send you a fishy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto Alisa! I love the potholders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Love the fish but certainly NOT the price! Aqua and tangerine... love the combo! In high school, I wore that combination out one summer and people looked at me funny. Looks like I was way ahead of my time! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! I'm not sure that I've ever seen these before, but sure wish that I had before now! At this price I'll just have to admire online:(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do know how you feel! I recently starting sewing again in earnest and see these great prints (include Denyse Schmidt's Flea Market Fancy for me as well) but the prices are way out of my range.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are just so cute. I have a little, but I feel too much pressure to do something amazing with them, so they just sit there looking pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these, they are so adorable! They almost have a vintage-y feel on a modern fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i know, right?! i canNOT believe how much that fabric goes for on etsy and ebay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. http://www.etsy.com/listing/51607325/heather-ross-gnomes-dogs-fishes-and?ref=sr_list_6&ga_search_query=heather+ross+fabrics&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&order=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

    Here is a scrap group including the fish fabrics

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails