Wednesday, March 31, 2010

WIP Wednesday

And for the record, it is officially still Wednesday as I'm posting this, although I admit it's awfully darn close to Thursday.  But "WIP Thursday" just doesn't sound right!

Anyway.

Here's what I've been working on this week:

Two mini "quilt sandwiches" in Heather Bailey's Nicey Jane, ready to be quilted and sewn into grocery bag dispensers.  I'm hoping to have these done by Friday!


I've been adding to my pinwheel collection for the Pinwheel Sampler Quilt Along -


And finally a work in progress that's all in my head at the moment . . .


A nice stack of fabric (Authentic by Sweetwater, plus some Kona black and charcoal) sitting there patiently, waiting to be cut up and sewn into a quilt for the husband.  Don't you just love that number fabric on the right?  It's just perfect for my husband who's getting his MBA with a concentration in accounting.  Number fabric for my favorite number cruncher!

The problem is I just can't decide on a design for this quilt.  I was originally just going to make a simple patchwork quilt with the layer cake, but then I decided I wanted to make the quilt a bit larger, so we can both cuddle under it on the couch.  The husband is losing hope that I'll ever get around to making this, but I will, I promise!  I just have to keep staring at this stack until the right bit of inspiration hits me.

Well, I'd better hurry up and publish this post before the clock hits midnight and I make a liar out of myself regarding the whole Wednesday thing.

Happy sewing!

Mary

8 comments:

  1. fun nicey jane project. I love the man quilt fabrics! That'll be great no matter what design you decide on. Maybe a zig zag design somehow. Just a random thought. I have a whole stack of fabrics I want to use for a quilt for my bed and have been waiting since before thanksgiving to find the right design. oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color combos in the grocery bag dispenser. I really should do that tutorial and make one for myself to replace the ugly one I bought a million years ago!
    I think the fabrics for your husband are just perfect. I'm positive whatever design you choose will be great!
    Thanks for the links you sent to those tutorials. Very helpful. I'm still very skeptical that I can master the whole quilt thing, so for now I'm just going to admire others' work!
    Too funny that you are a sewing night owl...me too! Embroidering as I type!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the fabric for your grocery bag dispensers!!!! I've also always loved Authentic, it's nice, understated and neutral.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice Mary! I can't wait to see the grocery bag dispensers all done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. And I forgot to say that your pinwheels are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny! I have a charm pack and some yardage of Authentic and I was having the same problem. I'm not sure what pattern to use yet, but I'm leaning towards a basic 5x5 square pattern as a lap quilt. Also, I love your pinwheels! Isn't it funny how different fabric can make you really like a block?? I wasn't a huge fan of pinwheels until I started seeing them in cool fabrics like these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those quilt sandwiches look good enough to eat! Love the fabrics you've choosen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great quilt sandwiches! I love Nicey Jane fabric and have ordered some so thanks for sharing an example of "things to do" with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails