Thursday, September 2, 2010

Tissue Box Cover for Amy


As a part of my swap with Amy I made her this reversible tissue box cover for her newly remodeled bathroom.  You can see pictures of their gorgeous new bathroom here.


I used the Pink Penguin Reversible Tissue Box Cover tutorial for the overall construction and Beki Lambert's applique design from Stitch Magazine for the design on the front.


Below is the back of the tissue box cover.  This simple strip of patchwork is intended to mimic the strip of green tile on Amy's bathroom wall.


And this is the reverse side.  I decided to make this one pretty simple since the other side is so busy!  I used my favorite grey Flora and Fauna print and appliqued an "F" in Kona Coal on the front for Amy's last initial.


Amy and I also swapped scraps, but of course I forgot to take a picture of the scraps I sent.  Oh well!  Hopefully Amy will enjoy all of her new modern scraps too!

Happy sewing,
Mary

8 comments:

  1. I'm always trying to hide my tissue boxes so they can be used, but are out of site. This is such a nicer alternative. If I get a spare hour I'll definitely be trying this one. Thanks Mary!

    I also like your new header...very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the new header! The applique design you used it really cool. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have never thought of this; fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice header! I love my tissue box and scraps! This was a wonderful swap. I completely enjoyed it! I still need to get pictures but yours came out so well, I don't feel like I should bother! I do need some in its new home though, don't I :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great, Mary! And I love the new header. I just did a redesign at my site, too, along with a giveaway....don't forget to come by and enter :-)

    http://ocd-obsessivecraftingdisorder.blogspot.com/2010/08/new-blog-design-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I like the new header too. A very cool idea, and you did a really good job matching the bathroom colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cutest tissue box cover ever! I'd definitely buy it if I saw something like this in the store. Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails