Tuesday, October 19, 2010

More Bliss Love . . .

After my little weekend sewing project I just HAD to come up with some new sewing projects to use more Bliss! This time I paired it with linen, which is such a yummy combo!

I made two mug rugs, and I love how they turned out. Patchwork + linen + scrappy binding = GOOD STUFF!!!


What is a mug rug, you might ask? Well, it's like a coaster only bigger. Think of it like a tiny piece of art for your desk and a pretty place for your mug to rest. Or just a really, really tiny quilt. This one measures about 6 1/2" x 7 1/2".


I couldn't help making another tiny log cabin. They're just so much fun!


This one measures about 5 3/4" x 7 1/4".


You can find these little mug rugs in my shop. (P.S. - mention my blog in the comments section at checkout and I'll give you free U.S. shipping now through October 31st.)


These little mug rugs are addicting. I'm already dreaming up a few new designs using Modern Meadow and more linen. Stay tuned!

Happy sewing,
Mary

14 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful. I love how they look with the linen. Plus Bliss is one of my favourite fabric collections out there right now.

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute! Mug rugs are so fun to make! If only they didn't need bound, I'd make a zillion! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Your stitching is so clean and beautiful. I need to sit under your teaching and improve my skills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are so cute! I love the dots in that collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are beautiful and I'm in awe of your perfect stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore the linen! And your quilting is beyond words. Just gorgeous! I adore Bliss, it's one of my personal faves right now, and wow, I apparently need to get my hands on some linen. Haven't worked with it before, but you sure make me want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice Mary! I could use one for my nightstand for my nightly glass of water. I'll have to make myself one. these Bliss ones are awesome! I'm sure I can spare some of my Bliss stash and create. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!!

    Okay, it's final....I gotta get me some Bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are fantastic, I adore them! That Bliss is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! love, love, love the first one! such perfect stitches :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! I love the Bliss fabric line! The red is right up my alley.

    Heh, I just had an awesome thought. These would be great gifts! They would be perfect to give to someone with the mug and some packets of tea!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought I could resist buying this line. I think you've convinced me otherwise. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love these! especially the log cabin!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails