Thursday, August 5, 2010

Pin.Sew.Press. meets Gee's Bend Quilts

So I bet you didn't know that I spend my free time hand quilting Gee's Bend quilts, did you?



Okay, well not exactly. But our local art museum is hosting a Gee's Bend quilt exhibit until October, and part of the exhibit is a fun quilting bee.


To be honest I don't know the first thing about hand quilting, but it was fun to take a stab at it (ha ha ha.)


Here's my sad attempt at quilting a little heart.



And here's me trying to do a cheesy pose with a needle and thread, but of course you can't see it in the picture!


I wish I could have taken pictures of the quilts on exhibit, but unfortunately there was no photography allowed.  Bummer!  You'll just have to check it out for yourself.

And in totally un-sewing related news (but the same day), I also got a haircut!  I just couldn't leave off with that last picture of me with my shaggy hair :-)



Happy sewing!
Mary

4 comments:

  1. That looks like a cool exhibit and what a fun thing to have people quilt a quilt. I wish they would have called - I've got a quilt they could have used. ;)

    No thread from Sew Mama Sew yet...still anxiously awaiting that package!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks like a lot of fun! I'm glad that you got a chance to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is that?! Sounds like great fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails