Sunday, April 11, 2010

Pinwheeling my way to sanity

I really, really, really needed a break from the Mommyhood today.  I was just one whine away from my breaking point, and luckily my husband stepped in to the rescue.  And as a bonus, Lauren's Uncle C was in town today, so between the two brothers Lauren was thoroughly entertained and I had many glorious hours to sew and regain my sanity.  Phew!

I buried myself in pinwheel making and caught up on the last three weeks of Rachel's Pinwheel Sampler Quilt Along.




We only have one more week of block making left, then we start to assemble our quilt tops.  Yay!

I've also been working on the Man Quilt this week, and hopefully I'll have a completed quilt top to show soon.

After my marathon sewing session I felt much better, so Lauren and I celebrated by making brownies.  Sanity regained!


Hope you had a great weekend!

Mary

10 comments:

  1. sounds like a fun sunday to me! I got to have a nice break yesterday, but no sewing involved :( just relaxing though, it was nice for a change...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that feeling! Its amazing how just a little bit of time to yourself helps soooooo much! Those pinwheels are looking great! I bet the brownies were too : )
    Kelli
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you. Every so often it is very necessary to regain one's sanity! Sewing and chocolate sound like a good fix to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dark chocolate brownies??? Oh my!!!! I love this picture, so adorable! Oh, and have I told you yet that since I got married I have suddenly found a love for chocolate???

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blocks look great! I love pinwheels. Sewing and brownies, what more do you need? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice Mary! Your pinwheels look great. I have to finish mine. Slowly working on getting them done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great and so does the chocolate face :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your patchwork is always done so professionally!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you! I've been craving some time to be alone with my sewing machine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree sewing is sanity!
    there is always danger mixing chocolate and fabric....of course it can add character!!
    Your blocks are great, I like traditional patchwork blocks, and there are so much cooler in modern fabric. I am looking forward to seeing the top completed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails