Thursday, August 5, 2010

Pin.Sew.Press. meets Gee's Bend Quilts

So I bet you didn't know that I spend my free time hand quilting Gee's Bend quilts, did you?



Okay, well not exactly. But our local art museum is hosting a Gee's Bend quilt exhibit until October, and part of the exhibit is a fun quilting bee.


To be honest I don't know the first thing about hand quilting, but it was fun to take a stab at it (ha ha ha.)


Here's my sad attempt at quilting a little heart.



And here's me trying to do a cheesy pose with a needle and thread, but of course you can't see it in the picture!


I wish I could have taken pictures of the quilts on exhibit, but unfortunately there was no photography allowed.  Bummer!  You'll just have to check it out for yourself.

And in totally un-sewing related news (but the same day), I also got a haircut!  I just couldn't leave off with that last picture of me with my shaggy hair :-)



Happy sewing!
Mary

4 comments:

  1. That looks like a cool exhibit and what a fun thing to have people quilt a quilt. I wish they would have called - I've got a quilt they could have used. ;)

    No thread from Sew Mama Sew yet...still anxiously awaiting that package!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks like a lot of fun! I'm glad that you got a chance to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is that?! Sounds like great fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please forgive me if I'm unable to respond.

Related Posts with Thumbnails