Friday, June 18, 2010

Instant Gratification

Sometimes a girl just needs a little instant gratification, sewing-wise!


Enter Noodlehead's Gathered Clutch:


This is such a fun project, and it goes together quickly.


I decided to interface it with fusible fleece instead of mid-weight interfacing.  I like the added body, but it definitely made it harder to sew, especially when sewing around the zipper tabs!


I seem to have the hardest time photographing Nicey Jane fabric.  No matter what I do, I just can't seem to convey the colors properly!


Oh well, you'll have to take my word for it . . . the colors are really pretty in person!

Have a great weekend!

Mary

15 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I've pretty much given up on mid-weight interfacing in my bags - I found a bolt of loose weave canvas/linen on sale at Joann's that has been my go-to interlining for bags lately. I love it - but I don't know what I'm going to do when I run out!! It gives my bags the perfect weight and stiffness.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I think that the added body is nice, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Duper Cute! Happy to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great Mary! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! I love my Noodlehead clutch as well, such a great pattern! And I just ordered a bunch of Nicey Jane, so this makes me salivate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I've been wanting to make one of these myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so pretty! love the nicey jane. :) but you know that already

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are very cute Mary!! I made one of those a while back and my daughter keeps asking when I'm going to make her one. The Nicey Jane is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Mary! New follower here! I'm loving your blog! I saw you're from Myrtle Beach?? I was just down there last week on vacation with my family!

    And that little clutch is absolutely darling! Love it :) Please come over and visit my blog if you get a chance. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really cute! I'd love to make one but I'm zipperphobic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mary- I just wanted you to know that I left you a little blog award today because I enjoy your blog so very much! You are one talented lady!

    Blessings-
    Alisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. That did turn out so nice!! don't you love making it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please forgive me if I'm unable to respond.

Related Posts with Thumbnails